I was reading an article by Jennifer Mulrean about ‘7 radical ways to save money’. Her suggestions were:
1. Hold the mother of all garage sales.
The only thing left to sell in our garage is the actual garage… and I tried.
2. Quit smoking.
Easy. Well… only because I never started.
3. Tame your driving addiction.
Sure it triples my commute time, but I leave my car at home on a regular basis.
4. Buy used.
From clothes to books to cars, I haven’t been the first owner of much since we went on our debt diet.
5. Become a homebody. Consider the library for books, music and movies.
I can’t believe she shared the library tip!! That was MY secret!
6. Cut your housing expenses. Consider renting out a room.
We’ve had roommates for…ever.
7. Cut up your credit cards. Build an emergency fund first to handle most unexpected expenses.
Done. Well… again.
Radical? I don’t think so. Have you discovered a REAL radical way to save cash?