I have seen the comments about being more transparent and including more numbers, so I thought I would try this.
I keep a forecasting spreadsheet, as you would have it, that goes out through the end of the year. It is my primary planning tool as things come up and let’s me quickly see my overage or shortfalls in regards to my income.
It includes all my regular bills, and any anticipated extras on it. It also includes regular income and dates I expect to receive it (which we all know can vary.)
This is the snapshot of my income and payouts in the next week:
|Auto – Gas/Main||17-Aug-18||-35|
- Princess has 2 games per week during the season. They each charge a $5 entry fee.
- CS and Upwork are income from work regular work.
- NH is a one time project for a new client. The project will be complete during this week, but there’s really no predicting when new clients will pay. Hopefully it will turn into regular work.
- With Gymnast only training 1x week now, my weekly gas costs have dropped from $100+ per week to approx. $35. I try to fill up when I’m in the city where he trains as their gas is typically $0.20+ less than where we live.
- I do not include groceries right now because we are still on food stamps. But we do grocery shop almost weekly. But we are very strict on meal planning and list making for those as well. I am trying to stretch everything.
Is this helpful? Is there something else I should include?