As expected June has been my cheapest month ever. And I am grateful for that. I’ve rarely left the house these past two weeks. Done lots of cleaning and rearranging. And prepared for my oldest son to leave the nest at the end of next month.
My June challenge has been a success for me, but not the overwhelming one I hoped for. I haven’t quite been able to pay off my credit card debt.
I started June with a balance of $2,075 on my credit card (see my last debt update here.) A week or so ago, I was able to pay an extra $600. Which was awesome! But I’ve fallen short of paying the remaining $1,475.
How about you? How has your June challenge gone?
July is a Busy Month
I have decided to take July off from challenges as I have several big events next month. (Don’t worry they have already been budgeted and paid for.)
- Princess and I will travel to Texas for 11 days. Not only will we be visiting my parents and 4 siblings, but I will also be meeting two of my newer clients in person. I paid for the airline tickets a couple of months back, they are part of my travel budget.
- Gymnast will return with us from Texas for the remainder of July. He’s been there since the beginning of June
- We have college visits set up for History Buff and Princess during the latter part of July. History Buff is working on his plan for post-high school. He will finish at the end of December, and Princess just has two years of high school left.
- Gymnast and I will travel to Chicago at the end of July. I will just be staying overnight and have an appointment set up with his high school counselor. Again, this trip has already been paid for…airline tickets and one night in a hotel prepaid to a discount.
- And finally, I will be prepping for back to school for both Princess and History Buff.
As I said, a lot going on!
But this doesn’t mean, I have lost focus. I am continuing to live on a cash only budget. Here’s to a busy month!
What do you have going on this month? Anything fun or exciting?