I can’t believe the 20’s start in just a few short hours. People says 20’s and I think flappers and cigarette holders, jazz music and lots of change. Of course, it was also the start of the Great Depression and the decade that my Grandmother was born.
I wonder what this decade will bring. There’s certainly an air of change around here. (Yes, I’m beginning to realize that I sound a bit like a broken record as I talk about all the change coming.)
Goals for 2020
But I have set up some measurable goals for myself this coming year and I thought I would share a few of them:
- Build my EF to a solid $20,000
- Save for a 2021 family vacation
- Pay off at least a 1/3 of my student loans
- Budget for Christmas and Princess’ senior year
- Dedicate non-computer time daily for reading and self-improvement
- Create and stick to an exercises plan
- Continue with my weekly meal planning and tighten up my food budget
- Expand my passive income efforts
There are lots more. All measurable and doable. I have truly spent a great deal of time thinking about how I want my life to change, and what I need to do to get there.
Have you created any 2020 goals? Are you a believer in new years resolutions? If you do have new goals…I’d love to hear about them. How will you stay motivated to stay on track in reaching them?
Hope is a digital marketing manager and foster/adoptive single mom to five kids. She has run her own consulting company for over 15 years and took a leap of faith returning to the corporate world in 2021 to a job and team she loves! Hope began sharing her journey with the BAD community in the Spring of 2015 and feels like she has finally mastered the balance between family first and wise financial decisions.