Hello all! I hope you all have had the year of your lives. This will be my last post on this blog (for now). I’ve truly enjoyed my time blogging here and interacting with the community on a weekly basis; you have all helped and supported me so much! I just want to thank you, again, for allowing me to share my story here.
Before I sign off for what could be the last time, I just want to do a quick review of what occurred in my life this year. Here are the highlights:
- During this calendar year I paid off $21,675.40 worth of debt.
- My current student loan figure is $41,480.20, meaning I have paid off $69,307.46 in student loan debt since graduating college 5 years ago.
- If I include my car debt, I’ve paid off $63,101.33 in 27 months (September 2013 is when I went full throttle debt payoff)
- I completely paid off 3 different student loans, with only 2 remaining!
- I have an amazing, and beautiful new nephew, Nathaniel, born January 25th, 2015. It’s hard to believe he’s going to be 1 year old in a month.
- I was able to visit my sister and her then fiance last February to help them with their new born. I was really glad to have been able to do this.
- I restarted contributions into my 401 in May. My beginning balance was somewhere around $4,500-$5,000 and it’s now up to $10,700. It’s not a lot, but progress is being made.
- I started an ESA fund for my nephew, which I vowed to contribute $25 a month from now until he’s 18. With the help of other family members contributing, the balance of this fund is currently $285. Again, it’s not much, but every little bit helps (and with the rate in which tuition is increasing, he may need $200,000 to attend a 4 year school)
- We had the vacation of a life time in July to Disney World. I can’t express how amazing this trip was!
- I’ve also gotten increasingly better at guitar playing, so much so, I’ve been involved in a few bands/projects.
Well that’s about it…here’s to another great year for you and your families!