I gave myself a financial task list last week to prepare for my impending departure (tomorrow!) Nothing got done. Rather, nothing got completely done.
I feel like my gazelle like intensity has come to a grinding halt, and has been there for a while now. And for a few weeks, I couldn’t seem to function because of it, just felt too overwhelmed. Well, I’m happy to report that this is not the case now.
I made baby steps towards all of these goals. And I feel good about where I leave them as I head out of town. But with that in mind, I’ve already got a long task list to accomplish once I return.
So here are some updates for you…
- The trip – housing will cost a big, fat $0 – woohoo for the entire 2 week, 4 day trip. The route is planned, the food is planned.
- The jewelry – I’ve registered with a site, but because of timing I didn’t want to start the process and not be here to finish it, so the listings will actually go up on my return.
- Side jobs – I completed one of the side jobs and now await payment, the other one I will need to work on while I’m traveling.
- Purge – Whoa, mama! I have made some serious progress here with large piles going to donation centers today, trash going out tomorrow and items all ready to list for sale on my return.
- Fall plans – I haven’t really had time to spend on this one, but it’s something else I can do while on the road. All that drive time, gives me lots of “in my head” time so I should return with lots of things worked out, at least in my head.
In addition, I have been so blessed with a week long visit from my friend (and her children) who is a great sounding board for me as I work out BIG financial decisions in my head and subsequently head to Texas where my dad and I will have serious conversations about my housing situation and near future of that. I am EXTREMELY stressed out about my options and these discussions with my dad so if you pray, please pray for me to be open and willing to listen as well as capable of making good sound decisions for my family’s future. And help me not to cry, that always just gets in the way, and I cry really easily.