After reading the responses to how we are already over our $150 budget for Christmas, I thought it might be interesting to hear about your Christmas budgets (if you celebrate). You may want to include info about what it includes since that can vary.
For example, our budget includes the following:
– Gifts for family, friends, teachers, etc.
– Cost for lighting displays (estimated – nifty calculator here)
Our budget does not include the following:
– Toys for Tots purchases (they go under donations)
– “Special” food for Christmas Eve & Day (that goes into groceries)
– Spending for any new Christmas decorations for the house (they go under household since they are reused every year)
On the same note, a reader sent me a tip (thank you!) about a thread on the MSN Smart Spending message boards about Christmas shopping in case you would like to read more budgets or add to the conversation there as well.
Smart Money Christmas Thread (hopefully this link will work for a while).
So…how much are you spending for Christmas?