This is the 3rd of what I hope will be a 4 part installment today. You can read the second installment here where I described by reasoning for not buying my home.
Continuing on my dad and my conversation from my last day in Texas….
I’d love to report back that he was impressed by how much I had thought things through with my plan for finishing out the school year here while putting the house on the market next spring. I’d love to say he jumped on board, supportive every step of the way.
He didn’t and he wasn’t and he isn’t.
I can’t presume to know what he was thinking or feeling. And I won’t repeat much of the conversation as it was private and not just my story to tell.
But what I can say is that with his credit on the line (since the house in financed in his name,) and the refinance looming just over a year from now, he was not willing to wait until next spring to put it on the market.
And we both agreed that getting a house ready to sale with the 5 of us living, working and schooling here, not to mention the 3 dogs and a cat…well, that’s really impractical and maybe impossible.
Writing this it makes it seem like it was so civil and clear. It was not, I cried, he cried, we both fought for what we believed was right from our own perspectives and positions.
In the end, as is his right, he gave me an ultimatum…we are to be out of the house by October 1. And that is where things stood as we finished our time in Texas and began our trip home.
Turns out as I finish this 3rd installment, that there will in fact be 5 parts to this story, and even now at 12am this morning as I’m finishing this one, the 5th one’s content is not known to me, but the 4th…well, that I do know so stay tuned this afternoon.