This morning I rose at 6:00 am, early for a 9am start girl, and made my way to a local Job Transition group. And that is where I will start. This group is faith based and was very welcoming.
I don’t know what I will do at this juncture…do I try to return to corporate, do I continue with my current consultant structure and resume marketing in the same manner, do I try something new, do I just get any job I can, or do I take the time and really do something out of the box???
I LOVED what they focused on today….essentially they said, that for any of your skill sets that you are considering pursuing as a job…make a 30 second commercial or spiel. Not that you film yourself but that you have a card with a couple of bullet points that at any given time, you can “sell” yourself. It’s alot harder than you think.
I think I am going to look for a few other networking opportunities that I can jump in on while I am transitioning to whatever comes next.
I am working really hard to not let panic mode take over and instead focus on the positives….
- At this point, I will get to really focus on my kids wholeheartedly right around the holiday season, how cool is that!?
- I do have several resources I can sell…my car being the big one that comes to mind. And the inspiration for slowing down before I make any quick decisions I might come to regret.
- My ex husband is to be starting a new job within a week or two and has committed to stepping up to help me.
- While we are still living pretty frugally there are a few places I can cut back…
- Cancelled Netflix (we don’t have cable) as we can use Amazon Prime which is paid for the year for entertainment – $9 month savings
- Cleaning out storage which I should be able to cancel by the end of the month – $70 month savings
- Changed the animals food to a cheaper brand which I can get even cheaper on Amazon – $60 month savings
- I’m sure there are more that I will come up as I move forward.
- This gives me the chance to really start over if that is what I should do as far as jobs go without really letting anyone down.
I will end with this and it’s probably the most important part right now….
I have really struggled over the past year or so in trusting myself and my decisions. My prayers have been that if I was not on the right path, I needed that made CRYSTAL CLEAR. This might just be that CRYSTAL CLEAR sign that I needed to push me in a different direction. I can’t say that for sure, but I am totally and completely open to whatever God may have in store for me/us next. He has a plan and I will put my faith in Him as I certainly cannot do it myself.