I’m so excited to be writing here again. I was shocked when Ashley’s post mentioned we had been writing here for 3 1/2 years now (we started the same week.) I feel like I need to go back and re-read where I’ve been sometime soon to prove how far I’ve come. Just a recap of what comes to mind:
- We lost our home and moved into a tiny apartment.
- We sold our giant van.
- We lived survived and thrived living in 900 square feet with all five of us and our 4 animals.
- I lost my primary source of income.
- We spent 9 months ‘glamping’ when I could no longer afford our apartment. I’m grateful for the gift, it kept us from becoming truly homeless or spending a single night in a shelter.
- We had to say good-bye to all our animals in one way or another, but enjoyed raising chickens while we were glamping.
- We moved to another state earlier this year and in with my grandmother.
- I got a great new job.
- I continue to work 2 part time jobs and a variety of odd jobs.
- We rented our very own home in Georgia, leaving one of the twins in Virginia, and now we each have our own bedroom after 3 years of tiny living.
- For the first time in a LONG time, we are not living paycheck to paycheck. But I still have a long way to go in learning to make better money choices and becoming truly debt free.
- And this is where we begin today.
So much has happened during my life on BAD. I can’t wait to see where we go next. I write this as Irma rages outside. I was so grateful to be able to work from home today and tomorrow while she moves on through. We’ve had some limbs fall on the roof, one took out our backside neighbors brand new fence. We will wander out when it’s over and see the damage, but for now I’m just grateful for a cozy home.
I’ve made some terrible financial decisions lately. And it’s huge for me to be able to just say that. I even said as must out loud to a friend this past weekend when we went out for chips and dip. Thinking with my heart instead of my head. More on those coming soon. But I definitely recognize that I have a problem.