I’m not an avid Dave Ramsey fan. I think everyone here knows that. But I have read his work. And follow several Facebook groups.
But I like the concept of Storm Mode.
And I think that’s the phase I am in mentally this month with so much uncertainty….
- We must all admit that our world is a bit crazy right now. Experiences like never before are going on everywhere.
- My work going forward is kind of up in the air as clients have to adjust to the crazy world we are living in.
- I have suddenly gone from two kids at home, to three kids at home. We’ve had to rearrange our home with a days notice to add a new bed/space.
- Our schedules are just, well, what schedules? We are taking every day as it comes.
- And I’m the primary caregiver for my beloved grandmother who definitely falls into the high risk category with this virus.
As a result of all this, I have noticed that without really thinking about it, my mindset has shifted from debt payoff to conserve everything. Which I believe is what Dave would refer to as Storm Mode.
Anyone else feeling that way? Whether you are self employed or a W2 employee, I think this thing could really effect employment and finances across the board.