What a week. We’ve had some good news and some bad news:
- Our health insurance bill is now due monthly ($400) instead of once every two months ($800).
- I won a $50 Amazon gift certificate.
- My son won a prize from his school and he was thrilled!
- Our fridge came back from the dead! We have been living with using a cooler for cold items. At first it was neat, but lately it has become a pain. I’m embarassed to say that I could not find the receipt so we decided we would call out a repairman anyways. Of course, I had to clean it real nice before then and when I was done I decided to plug it back in for giggles. Well, wouldn’t you know it…it’s working just fine. I have a feeling some ice was blocking the flow from the freezer to the fridge section so that’s why the fridge part wasn’t cold.
- My husband came down with a severe case of strep throat and went to the doctors on Friday. The doctor’s exact words, “Your throat looks like crap!” With our copays the total bill (including medicine) came to about $35.
- This morning I woke up with a sore throat. I’m doing every home remedy that I can think of to try to ward off the strep. We’ll see tomorrow how I feel.
Overall, it has been a great week. Tomorrow I will be reviewing our finances to see if we can pay any more towards our debt right now. I pretty much figured we couldn’t, because we usually have an $800 health insurance payment due at the end of the month. But with it being billed monthly now, we might as well use some of that money I have been holding on to and put it towards our debt right now 😉