by Susan Paige
As a college student, your budget is a constant cause of concern. You have many expenses and not much money coming in. Between tuition, room and board, entertainment, and day-to-day expenses, it’s a real challenge to keep up with everything. If you have a part-time job, this may help, but in turn, makes it difficult to juggle your commitment to schoolwork.
And that brings us to our next point.
If you’re pressed for time, you may consider hiring an essay writing service with affordable prices to ease the burden. There are dozens of such businesses online which are perfectly legitimate. As with any business, you simply pay for a product; in this case, the product is an original paper custom-written in response to your assignment. As you can imagine, this can be a real lifesaver.
But as with any service, it’s not free. And often, in a very real sense, you get what you pay for. If you use this service often, you may find your meager savings getting drained away.
Here are some ways you can make the best use of an essay writing service without breaking the bank.
- Order only a portion of your assignment from a writing service, and then write the rest yourself. Most services will charge you per word, so you can economize by hiring them to write a small portion. For example, maybe you have no trouble starting your essay, but have difficulties wrapping it all up and tying it into a neat conclusion. Or, perhaps, it costs you a lot to start a paper, and you simply need a strong beginning to get your juices flowing.
- Take advantage of lower rates during off seasons. This requires some planning ahead on your part, but it can definitely pay off. Realize that during busy times of a year such as midterm and final exam season, rates may be higher than normal. Familiarize yourself with your syllabus and assignments early in the semester and try purchasing your paper in early fall or early spring when the prices are still low.
- Give clear instructions to minimize the number of revisions and edits needed. It’s cheaper, quicker, and easier to do everything right the first time. So, be sure to clarify all the details of the assignment, the course requirements, citation style, and other particular preferences of your professor. Any small detail that is left out can cost you money and time when editing or revising later.
- Plan ahead. Don’t wait until the last minute to contract a professional essay writing service. Remember that even the best writers need time to work their magic. At the beginning of the week, look carefully at all your time commitments involving work, classes, social time, and homework. Pay for a writing service as soon as you know you will need it. This way you can avoid paying extra for a last-minute rush.
- Get recommendations. It’s not difficult to create a website promising affordable, high-quality writing services; however, actually delivering those services is another matter. It will be helpful to talk to friends and classmates that have used writing agencies before. Find out their experiences, good and bad, and try to choose a writing service that comes highly recommended. After all, the worst waste of money would be to pay for a paper and then have to write it yourself anyway because it is of poor quality.
- Comparison shop. What do you do when you want to find a good bargain on a car or a pair of shoes? You shop around, of course. It just makes sense to look around for the best deal. But keep in mind that there are many points to choose a truly great deal, and quality should never be compromised. That brings us to our next point…
- Look for quality. It can be hard to tell just from a website, but there are a few indicators that show you are going to get good value for your money. Does the essay writing service guarantee their work? Do they promise customer satisfaction? Do they state that they will provide 100% original, unplagiarized work? These are all hallmarks of a writing service that is worth the money you spend.
- Learn as much as you can from the process so you can do it on your own. Examine the received paper closely. Take note of the structure and create an outline. Write down any strong verbs or phrases that strike you. Pay attention to the format of the citations and the way they are incorporated in the text. Notice especially how the essay answers the original question posed in your assignment. All this information will help you when you sit down to write your next paper.
- Look for deals. Is it cheaper to purchase just one paper, or is there a bulk rate? Are there any sales or promotions? Examine the websites of various writing services thoroughly to see if there are any special deals that you can take advantage of.
- Be aware of different pricing packages. Some writing services may charge more depending on the level of education that you’re at (Bachelor’s, Master’s, PhD, etc.). Others charge more for specialized, high-demand subjects. So, this is something to be aware of if you happen to be a PhD candidate looking for someone to write a paper for an Engineering class.
With these simple guidelines, you will be able to get all the best out of a writing service without spending money you don’t have.