Hi Blogging Away Debt Community,
I’m James. I wanted to take a few moments to let you all know about a few updates here at Blogging Away Debt. A few weeks ago, Jeffrey and Nate, who had been running Blogging Away Debt, decided to sell the site to me. We closed the deal a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to take a few moment to let the BAD community that there will be some changes moving forward. Specifically, I wanted to take an opportunity to ask for your help. We are looking for another volunteer blogger for the site. The specifics of what we are looking for are below:
If you think you may be interested in writing, we are looking for someone who will be able to write two or three posts each week. Researching and writing three blogs per week can take a good bit of time so you will want to make sure that you will be able to devote time to it. Here are a few other things we are looking for in a blogger:
- You don’t need blogging experience. We would love for your to share you personal finance tricks, hacks, debt stories! However, you will need to provide at least one sample of your writing for our review.
- Be willing to interview and be interviewed. Sometimes blogging includes chatting with people and both asking and answering questions. You’ll have to be ready to do so.
- You also need to be willing to interact with readers. If our readers are commenting on your post, we’d like for you to respond to them and create a dialogue.
- We aren’t looking for a personal finance expert but some background in personal finance, a great debt payoff story or even frugality tips is a plus. We want you to be interested in what you are writing about!
- This is a volunteer position. While there is no direct compensation made for each post, there are some opportunities for bonuses, especially if a post is performing extremely well (getting traction). We want someone who is looking to write because they want to help others, whether it be helping them learn to save or providing tips on how to make your own laundry detergent.
Those who are interested in writing for Blogging Away Debt should email me, James Hendrickson, at firstname.lastname@example.org. I will get back to you with more information and set up a time to chat about a writing sample. If you have any questions feel free to leave it in the comments below or email me!